Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone help me figure out the pushrod length?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can anyone help me figure out the pushrod length?

I have a NX-1 Bumpstick. According to this card, the base circle of my cam is 1.530" My truck is my DD so i dont have the downtime to use a pushrod length checker and then order the pushrods. Does anyone know which length that this cam will require? It is going in a 5.3L Gen III. I've asked the guys over on pt.net but I havent received hardly any replies and thats been a few weeks ago. I thought i would try my luck over here. ANY help is appreciated. Thanks.

The cam specs can also be seen here:
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Bumpstick.htm
Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know what your 5.3 base circle would be. But I can tell you that the base circle on my stock 99 LS1 was 1.550". If yours is the same or close, in theory you would only need .010" longer pushrods. But the lifters allow for this much variation in length, so the stock length would be fine.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

i also have another question. can anyone tell me who stamps their model numbers in the cam like this? i know the OEM cams arent like this; they have a barcode. supposedly this is a NX-1 cam but i saw another one of their cams and it actually had NX-1 stamped in the end. This cam has 230773 stamped into the end of it. thanks for any help.