Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LS1 Front Barkes On 93 LT1 Suspension Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Front Barkes On 93 LT1 Suspension Issue?

Hey everyone. I not too long ago put on a spindle and front brake set up off of a 2000 Camaro onto my 93 LT1. I have a full tunular suspension set up on my car as well as 2 1/2" lowerig springs. I'm noticing that the front of my car is actually visually not nearly as low as it should be. It is actually at stock height, if not a little higher up, leaving a large wheel well gap as well as not the tightest suspension while driving. Point being, it appears that something is keeping my suspension from fully collapsing and I'm wondering if the newer spindles are to blame, via ball joint location or wheel bearing location. Obviously once you change the whole suspension nothing is ever the same, but I do not recall having this problem until I swapped the spindles. Nothing under the car is binding or touching so even thoughi could have something wrong with a position of a suspension component, I would like some LS1 guys to give me their opinion. You may know something about the newer spindles on a 93 that I didn't realize. Worst case scenario, is I put my original spindles back on and see if the car returns to it's normally very low position.

Thanks Everyone,

Giovanni