Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fluctuating RPMs? Also oil pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fluctuating RPMs? Also oil pressure question

I bought my WS6 about 2 weeks ago. When I got it, it had no cats and ran find all the way home. To pass emissions, I had to get 2 new cats put in. Ever since, when I start it, the RPMs fluctuate betern about 300 and 900 and sometime killing the engine if the RPMs drop enough. After a while itll settle at 750 but even after that, when letting off the gas, sometime it will drop to 4-500 and cut off. Any input on how to fix this or whats going on?

Also I have noticed that at idle the oil pressure is about 50. 60-65 under load and near 80 at WOT. is there anything to be concerned about with that?

thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your gonna have to have it tuned if you gonna leave the cats on. The person who had it before you probally had it tuned with the cats off. Probally deleted the air and the back O2 sensers while he was at it. So your A/F is more than likely off also. I call what your experincing surging, but why just not take them back off until your ready to get it tuned?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC98Z
Your gonna have to have it tuned if you gonna leave the cats on. The person who had it before you probally had it tuned with the cats off. Probally deleted the air and the back O2 sensers while he was at it. So your A/F is more than likely off also. I call what your experincing surging, but why just not take them back off until your ready to get it tuned?
theyre welded in. know anyone that can tune it near charlotte?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you would have passed emissions without the cats on the car, you wasted your money. have them cut back off and leave them off. it will cost less then having to get retuned, and you make more power without them anyway. after they are off, you can take them to a cat place and they will buy them for big money.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SMOKKINU
you would have passed emissions without the cats on the car, you wasted your money. have them cut back off and leave them off. it will cost less then having to get retuned, and you make more power without them anyway. after they are off, you can take them to a cat place and they will buy them for big money.
they tested it... and it failed.
and we have to have emissons done every year here. too much hassle to take them on and off every year just to pass.