General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird Noise After Removing AIR..Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Noise After Removing AIR..Help!!

A few days ago I removed the AIR system and now I've got a weird noise coming from the back on the intake manifold. My car threw the ses light and I will get it read tmr but wanted to get some opinions on what this is and what I can do to fix it.

As far as in the AIR is concerned the noise doesn't seem to be coming from either of the areas where I installed the block off plates so I'm not sure if its even AIR related at all.

I made a video of the noise that you can view on the link below and there is also a few pics I took when I was looking around in the engine bay.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/juseynae/

Thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JScamaro
A few days ago I removed the AIR system and now I've got a weird noise coming from the back on the intake manifold. My car threw the ses light and I will get it read tmr but wanted to get some opinions on what this is and what I can do to fix it.

As far as in the AIR is concerned the noise doesn't seem to be coming from either of the areas where I installed the block off plates so I'm not sure if its even AIR related at all.

I made a video of the noise that you can view on the link below and there is also a few pics I took when I was looking around in the engine bay.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/juseynae/

Thanks
What year is your car?? ..... This could make a big difference.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Car is a 2002 and is bone stock except for the AIR removal.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought: could the wires that go to the air pump be shorting? Did you have the AIR system removed from the computer by tuning, or just the physical components? At first I thought exhaust leak, that happens a lot after AIR removal, but if that were the case it would be steady and probabaly would only be heard under load, not so much at idle.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

i think you have to put a plug on the opened hose
Old 08-10-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the codes scanned and got a P1416 and a P0410 but those are related to the air emissions which I'm having tuned out by MTI on wednesday.

I reconnected the pcv hoses on each end and it still makes this noise. Also there is a oil/gas smell.