Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

little help with alternator and PCV system.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default little help with alternator and PCV system.

Hi guys I am doing a ls1 swap in a 63 nova,it is just a bracket car for now.So here are my two questions.I relocated the alternator and went to the junk yard to get the plug for the voltage regulator and it has only one wire on it.I need to know how to hook it up so the alternator to charge.I have all ready made a charging cable and ran it over to the starter selonid.Question 2 is how is the easiest way to hook up a PCV system.I have a ls6 intake and a ls6 top cover.Thanks for any and all help.Mark
Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mddndps
Hi guys I am doing a ls1 swap in a 63 nova,it is just a bracket car for now.So here are my two questions.I relocated the alternator and went to the junk yard to get the plug for the voltage regulator and it has only one wire on it.I need to know how to hook it up so the alternator to charge.I have all ready made a charging cable and ran it over to the starter selonid.Question 2 is how is the easiest way to hook up a PCV system.I have a ls6 intake and a ls6 top cover.Thanks for any and all help.Mark
The one wire that hoes into the alternator is a +5 volt signal, all it does is tells the alternator to turn on, check the wiring schematics and run a wire from the PCM to the correct pin on the alternator and it should work (i belive its pin 15 on the red PCM connector if memory serves me right)

Search this Thread