Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squeek of death, sometimes a clunk.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeek of death, sometimes a clunk.

Like the title says, it's really damn annoying and has gotten worse ever since it started. It doesn't seem like it's coming from around the shock/spring area. This is on the front drivers side btw. Also when i hit a bump and bounce hard I hear the clunk, but rarely does that happen. My car sounds like a piece of ****.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Come on now, 1 view only? How do I know if sway bar endlinks are broken or loose or whatever, I need to fix this, before next f-body meet.

EDIT: I found out that the part near the swaybar ends are making the noise, most of the bolts were loose and 1 is missing, have any idea where I could get a bolt?

Last edited by fortmyerspolice; 08-12-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

what do you need from the front sway bar, I took mine out and may have what you need.

I have a very similar squeak coming from the rear of my car.

Dam Fort Myers roads.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

the 2 bigger bolts, I need 1 of em. The first pic is the side missing, the other is the side thats still in, I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out, if your going to the cape aug 14, I could just get it from you there.

Shot at 2007-08-12

Shot at 2007-08-12

Last edited by fortmyerspolice; 08-12-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Well im right in the middle of looking for my noise aswell I thought it was the front breaks but it wasnt, so I drove around a little more and the noise was still there. So I took of thedriver side rear tire and the rear breaks are pretty much done so I am now putting on new breaks I hope this solves my problem but if not I will be back to ask for some help aswell lol. Let me know what your problem was or is if you get it fixed.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I have to work tomorrow, but I will look in the garage and get back to you. If I don't have one you can try Roy at his shop, as he has a ton of bolts.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Would a GM dealer have this bolt?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

I just took my car to the mechanic today because of the same problem!

For about 5 or 6 months I would be driving and whenever I would go over a bump of some kind, I would hear this horrible clanking and squeaking sound coming from the rear passenger side shock area! So at first I thought it was my loose jack in the trunk...but it wasnt.

I took muy car to my mechanic...and he said that my trailing arm was loose, and all he did was tighten it.

My advice to you is to jack that whole car up...then Lubricate and Tighten EVERY suspension part you can find. Make sure everything is tight, and make sure all your bushings are nicley lubricated!

Once you do this....your car will sound like brand new and wont make a sound.....unless you do a burnout.

If you dont have any way of jacking up your car.....then just take it to a very good mechanic, and tell them to do what I mentioned above.