Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Getting cold, fresh air into a maggied '06 GTO. any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting cold, fresh outside air into a '06 GTO. any ideas?

I dont see the point of buying many of these so called "CAI" units, since they suck hot air from the engine compartment. I saw one setup where the air intake was in a custom box that sealed against the hood to breath from the hood scoops, however they dont make a production intake from what i saw.
I have seen some people cut into their wheel wells. It was all custom done. Thats pretty cool, but i was wondering if there are any kits made for such things.

Any kits that seal up against the hood nostrils? I saw a cool kit for the F-bodies that sent what looked like a vacuum attachment out the bottom of the engine compartment. Or how about running intake tubes to the nostril from either a CAI box or the blower intake itself.
Does anyone know of any true COLD AIR kits for the '06 GTO? M

Last edited by Johny GTO; 08-12-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
I dont see the point of buying many of these so called "CAI" units, since they suck hot air from the engine compartment. I saw one setup where the air intake was in a custom box that sealed against the hood to breath from the hood scoops, however they dont make a production intake from what i saw.
I have seen some people cut into their wheel wells. It was all custom done. Thats pretty cool, but i was wondering if there are any kits made for such things.

Any kits that seal up against the hood nostrils? I saw a cool kit for the F-bodies that sent what looked like a vacuum attachment out the bottom of the engine compartment. Or how about running intake tubes to the nostril from either a CAI box or the blower intake itself.
Does anyone know of any true COLD AIR kits for the '06 GTO? M

Johnny, we need to talk. I have answers to several of your questions.
Give me a call at the shop 260-724-7792
Thanks,
Ed