LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Seafoaming an LT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoaming an LT1

Alright guys, I've got some cans to throw in the LT1, but I don't know where to put the stuff into the intake. I know in the Seafoam guide on here it says to put it through the Brake Booster tube, but I've read that on the LT1, this tube will only feed cylinders 3 and 5.

My question is: how do you suggest getting it into other ones? I've searched quite a bit for an answer around the interwebs and haven't come up with any real answer. Seems a little silly to only clean out a 1/4 of the engine =/.

The engine is a 95 with 151,000 kms, or about 100k miles, if you're curious. Thanks guys.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

the brake booster hose will feed all cylinders. you can either go PCV and/or brake booster with 1/2 a can. then 1 can in a full tank, then 1/2 a can in the oil (keep in there 200 or so miles) then the deep creep aerosol can and spray the hell out of the intake manifold.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
then the deep creep aerosol can and spray the hell out of the intake manifold.
Explain that if you will. Its prob what Ive already seen or know but just not clicking right now. THanks
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by radioren
Explain that if you will. Its prob what Ive already seen or know but just not clicking right now. THanks

its a spray can of seafoam you spray into the intake to remove the oil that the PCV/CCv system sucked up. you have to let it penetrate for 15-20 min.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:37 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Use the PVC.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 AM
TECH Addict

and I dont recommend putting it in the oil, unless you've got big sludge problems. Suck it in, let it sit, then beat the hell out of the car. Don't sit there in the driveway and just revv it up to burn the seafoam out of the engine.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

use the PCV because I tried it using the brake booster but all it does is creates a hell of a vacuum leak and my car is cammed so it just kills the car.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9formula4
use the PCV because I tried it using the brake booster but all it does is creates a hell of a vacuum leak and my car is cammed so it just kills the car.
I'm mostly stock - and the with the brake booster off I can't run either. You need to reduce the size of the brake booster line. Disconnect the booster, and get a smaller diameter hose to fit inside, then seal the connection with duct tape. This not only reduces the vac loss and allows you to run - it creates a nice suction so all you need to do is hover 1/2" above the Seafoam and it will get sucked right up.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Alrighty, I did it with the brake booster before a few guys posted to use the PCV -_-

I had to get crafty to keep it from stalling when the hose was disconnected....hooked a funnel to the hose and put a pair of plier handles into the hole so only a little air got through. Yep...

Anyways, not too much black smoke happened, so I don't know if I just didn't let it sit long enough or whatever, but instead of using a half can in the oil I'm going to save it to do it again later. So....(noob alert) where is the PCV and how do you get it in that way?

Oh yeah, thanks too guys, helped put me at ease about doing this. I just spend about $3700 on the car to put a new engine/transmission into a car I had for about a week...so I'm starting to freak out about doing anything with the beast =/.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

supposed to be white smoke. you're supposed to drive it around and beat on it to burn it all off.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by buffman
supposed to be white smoke. you're supposed to drive it around and beat on it to burn it all off.
Alrighty, then I got a good chunk of that. Was really windy so it wasn't much of a show, but I hammed on it afterwards, left a bunch of 11s on the backroads