LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need an opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need an opinion

i took my car out today because it had bin sitting all week and it needed to be driven the car was doin fine it started fine and everything, we drove about a mile maybe less and i decided to clean it out so i got on it and was about to shift into second gear all of a sudden the car cuts off and makes a like a clunk sound, so i let it roll till i could safely get it off the road , i get it off the road and it will not start back up and it has no spark at all, so i was talkin to my brother and he said that a pin or maybe the gear might have broke in the distibutor, but i have the papers were the previous owner had put a new opti spark in it not to long ago and i hear that opti sparks arent the best thing to put in there, i was just thinkin maybe i could get an opinion before i start pullin it apart
Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, that is a diagnostic question if i ever seen, you need to check all the power to the ignition controls like the opti and the coil, could be some of those problems, even could be the security too possibly, i have seen some LT1 cars do some funny ****.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Anybody Else Have Any Other Ideas What It Might Be?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

so your not getting spark to any of the plugs? if so, it is definitally an ignition problem. however, i dont think the opti is bad. from what ive heard, they dont just go bad all of a sudden like that, they start missing at high rpm and get increasingly worse. that is most cases though. if you say its all the plugs then it doesnt sound like a bad plug or burnt wire. like zone said, check all the control wires
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Teching In

thanks ill make shure to check the control wires