PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 or 08 Vette-what is controlling dual mode exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z06 or 08 Vette-what is controlling dual mode exhaust?

What controls the dual mode exhaust butterflies in a 06+ Z06 or 08 C6 Corvette? I have HP Tuner but have been unable to fine any program function. The butterflies open approximately 3500 rpm. What or where do they get their signal?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Vacuum. Like EGR.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

^^^ Yeah ..you can pull a fuse that will keep the butterflies open if you desire.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked thru, i think it is just controlled by a whole different module, not the pcm. BUT it does recieve a rpm signal from the Can bus which originates from the pcm.

If you would like to make it turn on sooner/later, you can buy an rpm converter output box from the street rod guys that you can minipulate the rpm signal seen by the muffler module. But Yes they are correct also, as it being run off of vacume but controled electronically.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wait4me
I looked thru, i think it is just controlled by a whole different module, not the pcm. BUT it does recieve a rpm signal from the Can bus which originates from the pcm.

If you would like to make it turn on sooner/later, you can buy an rpm converter output box from the street rod guys that you can minipulate the rpm signal seen by the muffler module. But Yes they are correct also, as it being run off of vacume but controled electronically.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I know the butterflies work off vacuum but did not know where the vacuum got it's signal. Looks like then there is no way to control it with HP Tuner programming if there is a separate module. Maybe HP will eventually give us a beta file to give control.

Don't want to pull the fuse. I tried that and it's too loud for most of my driving.

Quick Reply: Z06 or 08 Vette-what is controlling dual mode exhaust?