Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quieting down a QTP+corsa combo

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Quieting down a QTP+corsa combo

Just got the headers in and it is a little loud when accelerating and launching it and I don't need noise tickets from the cops. Was wondering what some of the better resonators are to quiet it down and kill some of the rasp. I looked at some and of course the normal Dynomax bullit and borla (too expensive for me right now). I would like to have it a good deal quieter but don't have too much room for a long resonator. I would also like to keep the ground clearance I have now which doesn't seem like too much of a problem with the dynomax but what are some reviews on the Moroso spiral resonators? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Powersticks might be a good choice, on both price and performance.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a dynomax bullet on my set up. it calmed it down a little, less rasp. which is what i was after. The spiral flow's are more restrictive but should definatly quiet it down alot more.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by litemup02
I just put a dynomax bullet on my set up. it calmed it down a little, less rasp. which is what i was after. The spiral flow's are more restrictive but should definatly quiet it down alot more.
I am running longtubes to an x with 2 Dynomax bullets dumped...way too ******* quiet for me.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had concerns about the noise level and rasp with a LT/Corsa Catback combo and have installed a single 18" Dynomax Bullet to remediate the "noise". Most customers are happy with the result.

Zach