Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPONSORS IN IL: Who can do the job????

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SPONSORS IN IL: Who can do the job????

What i have: a 02 WS6 currently just running open longtubes

What i need: someone to bolt in my ORY and weld in dual e-cutouts right off the headers and wire it up. then a small tune. its an XS Stainless combo. the driver side header will have to be bent down to do it. It will be a pain in the *** ill tell you right now. At the moment its sitting at FC Customs (high perf. shop in Springfield) They could do it, but said id be better off letting someone else do it especially since they need to bend the exhaust/do so much custom relocating of things. will dicuss details. also may need turndowns off the cutouts so i dont fry my floorboard, depends on the angle you can get them to i guess.

So ya im looking for responses from Speed, FLP, Outlaw and whoever else is up there....

Thanks, Ryan
Old 08-13-2007, 04:05 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are not going to read this in here. You already know who to contact. I would honestly pick up the phone and call Speed Inc.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see that you say it is already at a perf. shop. I would probably take it to Bob's Muffler and slip them a hundo and have it done off the record. Most places do not want any part in that area. Especially with an ORY.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

off the record is a very good idea! If you look around long enough, you can find a toothless old man who can do anything with a welder and piping.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

As far as bending the header, why not just cut off 6 inches of the collector and then put a gentle bend in the exhaust pipe off the header to clear the crossbrace in the floor. I didn't think of this until after I made my Y pipe...would have made life much easier.

Galen
Old 08-13-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

what are you guys talking about? im mean im sure an exhaust shop coulpd bend down my header collector, but they wont know HOW MUCH it needs to be and then i would still have to take it somewhere like Speed to at least wire up the electric part of the cutouts cuz a Joe Dirt muffler shop wont know how. and im not sure who to trust to weld the cutouts in. we are talking totally relocating 02s and all kinds of headaches. I dont even have any 02s pluged in right now. and then a tune as well. It would just work a lot better to have it all done at one place.

p.s. so were you guys trying to tell me that Speed wouldnt want to do it cuz an ORY is illegal? i know they prob. have emissions there in Chi-town but we sure dont here so i could care less.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Launching!

why does your header collector need to be bent in the first place?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

because the driver XS header collector is bent upwards towards the floor causing the ypipe to barley fit and ride the bottom of the car like a hooker who just made a huge tip.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:57 AM
Launching!

lol niiiiicceeeeee
Old 08-15-2007, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

If a sponsor doesnt help, call minakee on adams in peoria. ask for Ryan. He can do what ever you need. If is usually not worth the time and effort for a speed shop to do custom exhaust work.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude, don't bend the collector, you are just asking for trouble....plus, for it to be done properly, the header will need to be off the car and you still will risk crimping a primary tube. Just have a shop put a short pipe with a bend in it and weld it up.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to the dude who does my exhaust and plenty of people on here such as TORCHD 02 TA. He went through about 5 different exhaust setups. He also does alot of exhaust for people in the Midwestern F-Body Association. ubb.mfba.org.

You can contact him through the member screen name below in my sig. Says it all, Work done by: Formula WS6.

Have him do the exhaust and take it to Straightline for the tune.