Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical issue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical issue.

I'm having some issues with my new car. When you get heavy into the throttle it will loose electrical power. Not always full throttle. Car will loose all electrical power all of a sudden, gauges go screwy and the motor dies obviously, but when you let off the power comes back. Sometimes it resets the trip odometer, sometimes not. Every once and a while you can go over a big bump and it will lose power as well, but it doesnt die, rpm's just dip down, gauges go screwy, idiot lights come on, stuff like that, this is just coasting too (not in gear at idle). Now its obviously a loose connection somewhere, but I cannot seem to find it. Ive checked the battery connections and the fuse block. Grounds at the back of the Driver side head. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Its really frustrating not being able to a nice spirited romp through the gears.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Launching!

TTT anyone?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Electrical problems suck, period.

Think back to the last work that was done on your car and the electrical work that was done.

Then start tracing and checking connections.

I currently have a problem where my check gages light comes on sporadically. Sometimes when I hit a bump, other times when I get on it or lug it in 6th. Gages are all fine. Have no clue what it is.

Good luck with yours.