Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Electric Cutout Controller Issues

Old 08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry QTP Electric Cutout Controller Issues

I have a QTP Electric Cutout Controller and it worked great for about 2 weeks then it started opening my cutout randomly with or without the trigger wire and I tried every different mode. Then I stared getting error codes ER6 etc and I found a melted wire. Fixed that and it got rid of the error codes but it still opened and closed randomly at about 3,000 rpm. Recently I just had heads and a cam installed and now the computer only gives ER6. I hold both buttons and it calibrates and I get ER2. I replaced the entire wire and I checked to see if the motor was good by using the toggle switch and it was. Then I installed the same Electric Cutout Controller on my friend’s car and it still gives the same error codes. Does anyone know what’s going on?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:07 PM
8 Second Club

TTT guess not many people have the controllers.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Having the same issue with an er2 code during calibration. tested everything and all works fine. both cutouts open and close during the calibration phase but get an error code. did you every figure anything out? sorry to bring a dead thread back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: QTP Electric Cutout Controller Issues