Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another New guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another New guy

Howdy,

My name is Pruett, live in Northwestern Montana by choice. Age 64. History: Helicopter Pilot with 1 & 1/2 tours in Vietnam 65 & 66. Helicopter one of three shot down in 66 & have been in wheelchair since. Worked for the FAA in Denver, CO. Retired & moved to Montana. Married for 37 years to the same lady (Boy, has she put up with a lot) two grown children, and now it is my turn to play. Love cars, Archery, beautiful women, especially those who are beautiful on the inside and more cars. Wife is not into cars, but horses, I will leave that one for another day.

I was intorduced to this site by a very nice gentleman, who also has the "LS1" engine and much more HP and knowledge than I. Thank you.

Purchased my 2002 Camaro SS Convertible last july from a individual in Texas. Car had 2,600 miles 5.7 L with automatic & is in showroom condition. It also came with just about every "SLP" add on they have in their catalog, yes, all the suspension, exhaust all the goodies.

Dynoed on a Mustang at 320 rwhp & 350 torque btwn 5000 & 5500 RPM. Have dreams of building it up to 400 to 450 rwhp.

I have two concerns/desires: 1. With the "SLP" Long Tube Headers, I have 2 7/8 inches of clearance from bottom of CAT to ground. (in my mind, that is not enough ground clearance) I have looked at the "Air Ride Technologies" folks as a possible way to deal with the low clearance and the very stiff ride from the Eibach Spings and Blistien Shocks. If anyone has any experience, I am open to suggestions. 2. What to do next to increase the RWHP. Of course, the dyno guy is a dealer for "ProCharger" and he would like to see me go that direction. Or, do I go heads & cam first then, perhaps consider the "ProCharger" with intercooler.

I am open to suggestions and look forward to the dialoge.

Pruett in Big Sky
Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site, I sent you a PM (private message) you can find it at the top right of the page.

I put a little race gas in the car today & started turning up the boost. We are going to race at cutbank sat. I am driving over friday afternoon, it's a fun event over there.

Enoy the site, I know you will.

Shane