General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Windshield Wiper Problem..

Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield Wiper Problem..

Well my windshield wipers have been making a clunk noise when they are all the way up usually on fast... if i put them any slower they dont make noise

Well it was a bad windstorm with a downpour i was driving into my wiper blades got locked in a X right on my drivers side of the windshield.. im pretty sure this clicking noise is the damn things hitting but i'v tightened them many many times? and made sure they where against the stoppers

Ryan
Old 08-17-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

btump
Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the teeth on the arms could be stripped? check them but I am having a tough time understand whats going on. try standing outside your car with them on.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

still click at the top they have to be hitting or something i dont have a slow speed camera so i cant slow them down.. the passenger side one did come totally lose and strip tons of plastic off so i tightened it again same **** as before the metal teeth? on the aactaul arms itself?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use Rain X and drive fast. You don't need wipers with that stuff. J/k but it does work good. I have a friend with a 69 camaro that doesn't have wipers. He just keeps Rain X on it and never has a problem seeing while it is raining.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FastB
Just use Rain X and drive fast. You don't need wipers with that stuff. J/k but it does work good. I have a friend with a 69 camaro that doesn't have wipers. He just keeps Rain X on it and never has a problem seeing while it is raining.
Yea thast what i was doing while the DD was down. My windshield wipers are off alignment and drivers side does not wipe worth a damn.

Search this Thread