Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car voltage and fuel pump question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car voltage and fuel pump question

Ive never really paid attention that close but what is everyone running voltage wise in their cars idling and under load? Im having some issues and I think its either voltage or a fuel delivery problem...its also down crazy power. Ive replaced the fuel pump with a walbro 255, fuel filter, plugs, wires, TPS, checked fuel pressure which was 60 at idle and wot then at wot it would drop 6-8psi. My voltage on the other hand is about 12.8 volts and idling like 12 and it will never go over 13. The car doesnt want to idle worth a **** at all..practially have to hold the pedal down at a light to keep it from dying. The car has some tuning done its got ALOT of fuel added into it and its still somewhat lean....it should be stupid rich though the way it sits. I thought I remember maybe im wrong but my voltage being like 14-15 volts in the past. If it were a voltage problem with the alternator charging how much voltage does it take in the electrical system to screw with the fuel pump? Also ive checked every ground I could find and the ones on the back of the drivers side head...everthing is good

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 08-18-2007 at 02:14 AM.