Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need opinion on used D1SC Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Need opinion on used D1SC Procharger

Hey Guys and Gals. I'm thinking of going FI on my 02 SS. My motor is stock with the exception of the bolt-ons in my sig. There's 36k on the car and I haven't had any problems as of yet.
I've come across a used D1SC kit and I'm trying to decide if I should jump on it or not.
Everything that is included is as follows:
D1SC head unit (6k miles on it)
The smaller 3.5" intercoolers and all piping
standard ATI bypass-valve
Polished intake plenum box
42lb injectors
gauges
6-rib and 8-rib pullies
stock ATI fan
All brackets and hardware that originally came with the kit
ATI Balancer
3-bottles of procharger oil

Supposedly all I would need is a fuel pump (would an in-line pump be ok, or do I need to replace the in-tank one?) and a tune, however I'd like to swap out the 3.5" intercoolers for the larger 4.5" ones (don't want to hack up my bumper too much for a FMIC, and I'd like to add a 9" Spal fan to the ATI setup (I live in a hot climate and I like my A/C ) I don't want to add chemical intercooling, and since I'm in California, I can only get 91 octane.
I don't plan on running too much boost because I don't have the funds to really beef-up my motor (or re-build in the near future), so ~7lbs boost seems right for me. At 7lbs I shouldn't need the upgraded 8-rib tensioner should I?

The guy claims that nothing is wrong with the kit at all and is offering it at $3000. I'm a little weary because this seems too good to be true for almost a complete D1SC kit.

I'd really like peoples input on this.

Thanks,
-Drew

Last edited by zfastss; 08-18-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sold my D1SC kit with FMIC, ported 317 heads, and 04 zo6 cam for 3500 shipped. 3000.00 seems fair, but average. I would say thats about the going price for a kit like that.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right price, right kit! Jump on it! Sounds identical to what my kit was when I bought it used (except it was a P-1SC, and had a walbro in-line pump included). I paid slightly under $3k at the time and it had roughly the same mileage that kit has.

As far as 'needing' the 8 rib kit, I don't know? Mine had a 6 rib kit on it when I bought it, but I upgraded to an ATI 8 rib kit when I installed it. The previous owner said he never had problems with slip on the 6 rib, but I didn't want to chance it. My P1 made around 6psi, so that kit with the D1 and a pretty big pulley ought to make 7psi easily. Can't say how valuable the 4.5" upgraded intercoolers are from experience as I am still running the 3.5 inchers and no complaints...

But go for it! You won't regret it
Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get and don't need or don't want to use the 8 rib set up send me a pm as I could take them off your hands for the right price.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a new 4.5" intercooler assembly for sale, shown here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=948 Bob