General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

CAI ram air kit blocking condensor and blowing out the AC compressor???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CAI ram air kit blocking condensor and blowing out the AC compressor???

I replaced my AC compressor and went to a shop to get it recharged and they called me down that they can't do it. I asked why, they tell me that the "metal scoop" CAI cam air kit that's infront of the radiator blocks the AC condenser that's behind it (and then it's unable to get rid of the heat) and is likely what caused my AC compressor to go out in the first place and it would just happen again.

I have never even heard of that before and there's tons of people running the CAI kit. Nevertheless, I took it out, they recharged my system and it runs OK now.

But there is a noticable difference without it in there and I miss it. I want to put it back, but definitely don't want the AC crapping out again. Have you guys ever heard of anything like that happening, what do you think?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has nobody ever heard of the SLP CAI duct causing problems with the AC system? Anyone with the CAI have problems from it?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ive never heard of anything like this.... But then again, I dont use any "ram air" CAI. My compressor also gave out a couple of years ago, they have a tendency to fail.