Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPS left some shiny new parts at my door...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UPS left some shiny new parts at my door...*pics!*

well i got most of my parts in from vengeance- if someone tells me how to resize the pics and host em ill throw some on here

TFS 215cc heads
Fast 90 intake
Kooks headers & catted Y-pipe
pushrods
ls7 lifters
Fast 38 lb/hr injectors
NW 90mm billet throttle body
ASP underdrive pulley
Scorpion 1.7 roller rockers

still coming is the VRX5 camshaft, ported oil pump, ls2 timing chain, misc gaskets and bolts..i think thats about it.

*update*
well ive just bought a '91 isuzu trooper! the camaro has been the daily driver for a few years now, so i needed a driver while the car is being worked on. the chaos of car rebuild is about to come....

Last edited by nine-eight; 08-22-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 08-19-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Go to www.photobucket.com and setup an account
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 PM

+150rwhp in a box.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bo White
Go to www.photobucket.com and setup an account
imageshack.us > photobucket
no account required, resizes, provides links and posted images last longer.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Launching!

pictures in a few moments.....
Old 08-19-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hurry!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Launching!

the heads are a work of art and amazingly clean/well made. the cnc work is amazing, and from the looks of it the strength and quality of the heads are a whole nother level from stockers. as always, the pics dont do the part justice.

Last edited by nine-eight; 08-19-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

did you win the lottery or something?

haha~

those heads make me drool...
Old 08-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Launching!

up next are the scorpion roller rockers. when I got the price quotes, and talked about the parts i wanted i had asked for harland sharps. when these arrived, i was a little dissapointed at first but I trust ron's judgement on these things, and after some reasearch found that the scorpion's had some pretty good reviews, so i have no complaints.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Launching!

up next is the Box-O-Sh*t. or at least thats what the girlfriend calls it. anywho, these are the assorted parts I have recieved so far for the build. things like pushrods, lifters, arp bolts, asp underdrive pulley, thermostat, NW 90mm TB, etc. the throttle body is the highlight here, and is again, beautifully milled out of a block of billet aluminum. the throttle flap is nice and smooth, clean cut and when closed and held up to a strong light, seals perfectly with the machined TB opening. its hard to describe or capture in a picture how big this thing is. its big. I can fit my fist in the 90mm opening. kinda like its going to eat some children. nah, i didnt say that. a bit out of the picture is the factory new GM head gaskets and some other gaskets that ron was kind enough to just throw in the package for me. i hate worrying about the little crap ya know you're going to forget anyway. its easy to remember you need the new intake and TB, but that damn little gasket between the two? yep. forgot it. sonofa&*%*(#.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Launching!

its gray, it says FAST on it and youve all seen em a few hundred times. this particular one has the vengeance custom porting done to it. in addition to the port work located on the inside of the runners, and the mouth of the intake, it looks as though everything is port matched- heads/intake/TB. i wont be able to tell until everythings installed, but it looks very nice from here. better so than i could ever do with what i have for porting tools.

Last edited by nine-eight; 08-19-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Nice....
Old 08-19-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Looks great, can't wait to see results
Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to hear your opinion on the Scorpion rockers .
Old 08-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Launching!

and here is a couple photos of the Kooks headers.
Through the many conversations I had via the phone with Ron in the process of getting this package together, i had talked with him about Off-road headers since I live in wyoming and do not deal with emissions. Ive spent some time thinking about what to do with these since they have the EGR bungs welded onto them, and I think ill keep em.. If I were to ever move, in which case a milder cam with the EGR may pass emissions. till then some block-off plates may work.
the issue here is that im going to be cleaning the engine bay up quite a bit, hiding wires, coil relocation kits, all the shiny new aluminum and ive even spent the time to polish the factory valve covers since i wasnt a fan of 600+ dollars for a billet valve cover.
along with the headers came a Kooks catted Y-pipe, which looks amazing as well. again, quality is fantastic. welds are great, nothing looks flimsy or doesnt fit well, and im very pleased. the merge collectors come with a velocity spike, which helps keep the velocity up once the four tubes dump into the larger collector. this is a nice high end touch that i havent seen on many headers and seems to be one of the higher dollar perks. and of course, stainless is the only way to go.

Last edited by nine-eight; 08-22-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice looks kinda like my pile of goodies im installing right now. did u mill the heads at all? if so id measure ptv. when i did mine i ended up with 7.450 and not the 7.5 trick flow sends w/ the heads.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Launching!

lastly is a few photos of me trying to get a feel for what the new motor will look like if i clean it up with a coil relocation kit, and hide some wiring. im pretty happy about what i see so far, and the valve cover you see here is one hell of a project.
originally, i called Bo White up to see what he might be able to do with em, and found out that he just does port work. so, with the time away from home on the job, usually in a hotel, i started sanding. you would not beleive the amount of time and effort that is needed to clean these things up. that entire valve cover was hand sanded with emery cloth and has somewhere close to 100 hours of work into it, and its just now ready to hit a buffing wheel. I kinda like the way it is now though. instead of a dark chrome-like look that i would have after taking it to a buffing wheel, i like the lighter, more raw look of the finely sanded cover and the way it meshes with the other two parts on the table. i think ill sand the other one to that level (its about halfway done with 30 hours or so, i got a little faster ) and wait until the motor is ready to go to decide. if i wanna keep it the way it is, great. if not itll take me less than a couple hours with a buffing wheel to make 'em shine.

Last edited by nine-eight; 08-19-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
nice looks kinda like my pile of goodies im installing right now. did u mill the heads at all? if so id measure ptv. when i did mine i ended up with 7.450 and not the 7.5 trick flow sends w/ the heads.

I plan to, and thats a very good point. From my knowledge, the TF's would take a slightly shorter pushrod that a factory 7.5" due to the revised valvetrain geometry. as you, I was shipped 7.5" pushrods and will be making a PTV and using my pushrod length checker before i button everything up. though I think with the revised geometry of the TF heads, PTV is not as much of an issue..my heads were milled to provide somewhere around a 10.8-11.0:1 compression with the stock short block setup from what i remember.

Last edited by nine-eight; 08-22-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

**** man those valve covers look good, I know what it takes with alot of patience and some emery cloth. Not too mention fingers that are almost bleeding, LOL. Great work man!

Quick Reply: UPS left some shiny new parts at my door...