Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have some cam questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have some cam questions

Ok so I'm having a TR 224/224-112 cam installed & I have all the needed parts. I'm getting the work & dyno tuning done at a local shop that has a solid reputation. Anyways I already have a TSP 85mm lid, Pace 85mm LS6 MAF, & a TR ported TB. My friend who is also getting a cam installed talked to the guy & he said that a larger MAF & ported TB were a waste & didn't recommend them. He said it can cause problems. He also said that we should send back the ported TB's & instead get larger injectors. Now I see a lot of people running ported TB's with no porblems & without upgraded injectors. Plus I've been told by other people larger injectors weren't needed. I'm not changing out my MAF but I want some more information. Is the ported TB worth it & are larger injectors needed? Thanks!
Old 05-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Have some cam questions

i would like to see you dyno numbers and the set up you have when you do it cause i'm thinking about the same cam.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Have some cam questions

I would say that guy does not know what he is talking about. There are a lot of people who have dyno results showing a ported TB giving power.

The injectors are not needed till you get more than just a cam swap. You will need to change the fuel pump before injectors become a problem. Injectors by themselves don't "add" power, they can only "take away" power if they are too small (lean WOT).

I changed mine to SVO 36 lb because I have long term plans of SC and CI increase and I tuned to make them not "so big".