Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KOOKS new 2" race header

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KOOKS new 2" race header

Kooks would like to let everyone know about our new 2" race header for the ls1 Fbody cars. It is made of 304S/S. It features equal length primarys. Weld on collectors with our velocity spike for the increase of exhaust scavaging. These headers are also avaliable with the LS7 d port flanges for the l92 and the LS7 heads.Here is a link to our new product page of our website showing and telling you all about them.http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/show.php?pid=840
Attached Thumbnails KOOKS new 2" race header-ls1-2x3-race-header-007-internet.jpg  
Old 08-20-2007, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeR@kooks
Kooks would like to let everyone know about our new 2" race header for the ls1 Fbody cars. It is made of 304S/S. It features equal length primarys. Weld on collectors with our velocity spike for the increase of exhaust scavaging. These headers are also avaliable with the LS7 d port flanges for the l92 and the LS7 heads.Here is a link to our new product page of our website showing and telling you all about them.http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/show.php?pid=840

Any dyno sheets for forced induction or stroker motors?? You guys make an awesome product .
Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Teching In

These look like larger versions of your current systems. I had a set in my 98 and I like how they worked but they aren't even close to equal length. I recall a 6-7 inch difference between the longest and shortest tube. Did you miss speak or is there something I'm missing here?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigArchidia
These look like larger versions of your current systems. I had a set in my 98 and I like how they worked but they aren't even close to equal length. I recall a 6-7 inch difference between the longest and shortest tube. Did you miss speak or is there something I'm missing here?

i SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO I CHECKED OUT ALL 42 OF YOUR PREVIOUS POST'S. I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS BS. THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT THAT THEY WORKED WELL FOR YOU.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

BigArchidia = registered email of oldsguru@aol.com

http://www.oldspower.com/vb/archive/...hp?t-6851.html

Based on this post old post from a few years ago, you are Nick Filippides.

This post was originally made by Nick Filippides 10jan03, I am resubmitting it in support of his project.

I am currently in the process of starting a project. One that depends greatly on the response of the Olds community. I'm working on getting a new High Performance cast iron 455 Olds block manufactured. You heard right! High Perf 455 block. I've made all the nessesary contacts with an engineer and foundary. Most of the important details as to what upgrades will be made to the new blocks have already been finalized. Let's just say these blocks will be built to handle anything you can throw at them; this includes nitrous, blowers, turbo chargers etc..
The blocks will cost $3800.00, which is about the same price as any other high perf aftermarket block out there excluding Chevrolet. If your really interested you can find me at oldsguru@aol.com or you can call me at home 631-477-3310 (evenings). If your not in the market then if you can please do your best to spread the word. You have to agree, if this deal comes to fruition, it may be the best thing to happen to the Olds community in a very long time. Thank You Nick Filippides
(oldsguru)
Nick please don't troll other header company's thread, all I can say is wow. I'd give you a 90 ban but I think it's embarrassing enough that I could figure this out in 2 minutes. I also traced the IP and I can tell you are on LI too. Wow.

ADMIN
Old 08-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

Nick please don't troll other header company's thread, all I can say is wow. I'd give you a 90 ban but I think it's embarrassing enough that I could figure this out in 2 minutes. I also traced the IP and I can tell you are on LI too. Wow.

ADMIN

Wow. Just wow.

Is he the guy from ARH? Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll edit my post. PSJ
Old 08-20-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

ADMIN
what's "LI" ???

that's funny ****!!!

EDIT: Kinda makes me wonder what kinda blackmail you got on me John
Old 08-20-2007, 01:13 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/member.php?u=1730

Did he work for you all at one point George?

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 08-20-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Matt @ SDPC
http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/member.php?u=1730

Did he work for you all at one point George?
http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/sho...2081#post22081

EDIT: Back to the point of this thread... I say keep it on track with the product... Nice Headers
Old 08-20-2007, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Agreed, we've been waiting for these for a while!! Gotta love Kooks products!!!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
what's "LI" ???

that's funny ****!!!

EDIT: Kinda makes me wonder what kinda blackmail you got on me John
LI = Long Island, NY. I believe that's where ARH is located.

There's nothing wrong with competition and a healthy rivalry, but c'mon...Kooks and QTP are both board sponsors. I see nothing wrong with ARH wanting to get a piece of the pie, but become a sponsor. Don't register an account just to troll the forums and bash the competition. It's so...dirty and underhanded IMO.

Personally, I think it's nice to see someone make a high quality 2" stainless header for the f-body. It's nice to see that over 10 years later, respected companies and individuals are still putting R&D into our cars.

George, can these headers be optioned with high velocity merge collectors? I think that's valuable information.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
LI = Long Island, NY. I believe that's where ARH is located.

There's nothing wrong with competition and a healthy rivalry, but c'mon...Kooks and QTP are both board sponsors. I see nothing wrong with ARH wanting to get a piece of the pie, but become a sponsor. Don't register an account just to troll the forums and bash the competition. It's so...dirty and underhanded IMO.

Personally, I think it's nice to see someone make a high quality 2" stainless header for the f-body. It's nice to see that over 10 years later, respected companies and individuals are still putting R&D into our cars.

George, can these headers be optioned with high velocity merge collectors? I think that's valuable information.

Kooks headers =

Old 08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369

Wow. Just wow.

Is he the guy from ARH? Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll edit my post. PSJ

He is one of the people from ARH, Matt I like his bio http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/member.php?u=1730
where he states 40 years exhaust exp! "He is 42 years old"!!!! How does that equate? He worked for us for 2.5 years. In the sales dept.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GeorgeR@kooks
He is one of the people from ARH, Matt I like his bio http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/member.php?u=1730
where he states 40 years exhaust exp! "He is 42 years old"!!!! How does that equate? He worked for us for 2.5 years. In the sales dept.
not to defend him or anything... but i'm wondering if he meant "Kooks = 40 years"
Old 08-20-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey George... i've spoke to you a few times... i'm wondering if it was Nick I spoke to as well... I used to work at RKSport back in the day. I was the guy over there trying to persuade the management to carry your product... unfortunately those knuckleheads didn't care for many of my recommendations, but I was just a number there so...
Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Teching In

i have a forged 348 w/ ported heads/manifold, trex cam, and a big nos shot, how would those headers run w/ that setup? are they too much of a header or not?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^

I'd go with 1 7/8
Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Kooks headers =

Well I am glad to see some 2" headers! Can't wait to see what type of power differences they will make!!!

LOL Soul TKR that gif made me laugh out loud at work!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by l337_haxs
Well I am glad to see some 2" headers! Can't wait to see what type of power differences they will make!!!

LOL Soul TKR that gif made me laugh out loud at work!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

[QUOTE=ChocoTaco369]LI = Long Island, NY. I believe that's where ARH is located.

George, can these headers be optioned with high velocity merge collectors? I think that's valuable information.[/QUOTE]

Yes they can? you can give me a call for all your exhaust needs. 1 866 586 KOOK