Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anyone looking for a vehicle that gets good gas milage? FS: 1989 Volvo 740GL wagon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Anyone looking for a vehicle that gets good gas milage? FS: 1989 Volvo 740GL wagon!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FS: 1989 Volvo 740GL wagon in Atlanta GA.....
Well I'm going to sell my wagon, she has been good to me, but I am looking for something alittle quicker...
VIN YV1FA8854K1198451
ASKING: 2,000.00 OBO
I had the wagon for 10 months and loved it.
173,444 miles on her
Auto tranny with OD.
Paint is ok but could use a respray.
No rear wiper due to system.
Sub and amp do not come with car!!
May keep Alpine head unit, but will have a CD player when sold.
Third row seat.
Timing belt replaced at 160k (All Volvo parts)
Tune up ( All volvo parts) at 172k
iPd OD block off plate- OD was getting funky so I got the block off plate and now it is perfect, just can't switch off the OD but no biggie for me. It does has a new relay, and switch from Gwinnett Place Volvo.
Tranny flush down twice at 165k
Oil changes every 3k
Diff fluid changed about at 165k
A/C does not work cause I couldn't get the belt on when I was doing the timing belt, I may have over look a bolt, but got frustrated and said screw it I'll sweat my *** off. It has also a leak so it needs a recharge with dye to see what line it is.
Interior- Well I was in the process of switching over to black so I would rate it a 5 out of 10. It does have a new black headliner done by a local Volvo tech and board member.
I may keep the stereo and door speakers in the car, they are a Alpine CDA9857, 6.5 JBL power series, and 5.25 Momo/Polk audio power series.
Frt and Rear brakes changed at 165k with new rotors on rear.
New tranny mount (Volvo)
New shifter bushings (Volvo)
Driver side door needs a new rubber/felt run channel window does not seal properly easy fix from Volvo 170.00 in parts.
Need the tint to be fixed on the Drivers door.
Windows tinted with 3M window film for Solar Eclipse at the Mall of Georgia costed 350.00
35% the front doors
5% on all the other windows
Extreme Dynamat though out the vehicle, it needed it cause of my system, but rides quitier.
Sliver star headlights
Eggcrate grille
flat black trim on head light bezel
Runs like a champ and well taken care of.
Never been in any accidents
Roof rack has been removed and holes plug up but can add one later if new owner wanted.

Last edited by mikes02ls1; 08-21-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have to have an account to see the link, any seperate pics?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will fix this today.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fixed!!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump for the morning
Old 08-22-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Could you please post up some larger photos .. .. those are so small they are hard to see.....what happeded to the putting a LS1 in the Volvo wagon project??? ... Good gas milage.. sheeeeit man LSx motors get good MPG..I get 26 MPG on the highway..and I don't have to ride in a fugly volvo either.. ... to the top for the man that needs to get out of the volvo wagoon..

Last edited by slt200mph; 08-22-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm trying to get another wagon if I can sell this one, if not I will fix it up slowly and get it to where I want it. Yes I still want to put a LSx into it. Yes I can go buy a Vette, or a F-Body if I could afford it but I want to be different. The look on people faces when they hear a camming vehicle and can't figure out where it is coming from, then they see it is the Volvo. That is priceless...... I'll trade for a 78-82 Malibu wagon...
Old 08-22-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mike's02ls1
I'm trying to get another wagon if I can sell this one, if not I will fix it up slowly and get it to where I want it. Yes I still want to put a LSx into it. Yes I can go buy a Vette, or a F-Body if I could afford it but I want to be different. The look on people faces when they hear a camming vehicle and can't figure out where it is coming from, then they see it is the Volvo. That is priceless...... I'll trade for a 78-82 Malibu wagon...

Just one question how many cammed LSx volvo wagons have you ridden in??? .... Or have you been on vacatrion on phantasy island ..

PS Mike being different is one thing being weird is another..
Old 08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Just one question how many cammed LSx volvo wagons have you ridden in??? .... Or have you been on vacatrion on phantasy island ..

PS Mike being different is one thing being weird is another..
I havent heard one but there is TT LSx Volvo wagon, you probably seen videos, he is on turbobricks.com which I'm also on.... People these days are swapping the good o'le LSx into everything, you should know that Steve. I may be weird for doing what I'm going to do to the wagon, but I have to drive, and I am sure as hell I will get more attention in this wagon then you would get in you Z28..... Different is the new norm....