Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help me, LEAN condition!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please Help me, LEAN condition!

Alright just got an LS6 shortblock installed and its running lean. Sometime it will switch back to rich and then switch back to lean(which is good to go back and forth). But most of the time it sits in the lean.

If one of the voltage's on my B1 Oxy sensor is stuck at a constant 450mV does that mean its dead, and would be a good cause for the lean condition??

All intake bolts are tightened down, call connectors connected, and all vacuum lines are hooked up.

I have an OBDII data streaming gauge to watch voltage and fuel trims, and I look at a narrowband just for a overall look(i know its not exact). The narrow band is connected to the blue PCM wire. Is there a possibility that the narrow band is hooked up to the bad Oxygen sensor?

Please help me!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

If its a constant 450mVDC then I would say the sensor is damaged or there might be a harness problem (header damaged harness). Youmight also want to check for an exhaust leak in that area.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

How would I replace the harness for just the O2 sensor?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SHINER
How would I replace the harness for just the O2 sensor?

Just inspect the wire harness leading to the O2 sensor for damage from header heat or some other means. You can try swapping O2 sensors also to see if the problem follows the sensor.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
TECH Veteran

It does not follow the sensor, its the wiring, but nothing is wrong with the harenss no pinched or melted wires..nothing...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Launching!

what's it doing at idle, and how is the car running, the front 02 should be more active than the rear o2. make sure the exhaust connection are all tight! backpressure is a great way to check for shitty cats.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Veteran

I do not have cats on my car. Im sure an exhaust leak is not the problem cause the signal would be more active than just sitting there at 450mV.

There is nothing wrong with anything, and the ****** things dont wanna work....pisses me off.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Launching!

not having cats maybe the answer, i would get a wideband and see the results from that. once again, is the car idleing and accelerating smoothly? ck. your plugs. there may not be anything wrong, are both side l/r having the same indication?