Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Install...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Install...

Sorry, but the search wasnt workin for me. I need to replace the clutch in my ws.6, and im pretty well set on the ls7 package for 400 bucks from scoggin dickey......is there anything else i need on top of the package???...also, how hard is it to put a new clutch in, is there a step by step thing like on ls1howto?.......how much would a shop charge me to do it?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should always(unless its already new) replace the slave cylinder when doing a clutch install. The new clutch should come with instuctions. Just make sure when you take it apart, it goes back together EXACTLY the way it came apart. There should be a line drawn down the side of it. If not then draw one before taking it apart. An ls1 clutch must be balanced on the flywheel. It comes prebalanced. And well, it aint easy puttin in, its just a matter of doing it, more like a pain in the ***. I am putting in a mcleod street twin in my TA when i get up. Just make sure that everything is torqued good, follow the instructions, make sure the bolt holes on the pressure plate and the flywheel are the same as when it came apart(I cannot stress that enough). And use the clutch alignment tool that it should come with. You may need to shim the new slave cylinder also. Dont quote me on this, but i think you should use loctite when bolting in the new flywheel. A shop could charge anywhere from $350 on up for a clutch install. Good luck on your install.