Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need spare built 4L60E, who would you choose

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need spare built 4L60E, who would you choose

I currently have an art carr x treme 4L60E and I don't trust it. Its been out of the car twice for problems. I am looking to get a back up trans so I don't have the rediculous down time. My goal for the end of last year and early this year was to see how deep i could get into the 10s. Down here in the south we only get a few days of that dry cool air. My trans basically kept me on jackstands for all of the best days. My thinking is if it goes out I'll just throw the back up in and get the broken trans repaired. I trailer my car to the drag strip and that is only what i use the car for.

I already have everything set up for the 4L60E. If i would have known that I would be trailering the car I would have probably gone a different route with the trans.

I would like to hear who's building the best 4L60Es? How long have you been able to beat on it? What type of warranty do you have?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand about the bad air thing... this was a terrible year for us at the track, started out too cold to get out, took to raining and then got hot. Looking for better times in the Fall.

Take a look at our website, see who we are and what we are up to. Then give me a call.

I would be interested in working with you. We're new here so to speak, but we've got game.

g
Old 08-23-2007, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you near Dallas, Texas? See my sig. I made hundreds of passes on my 4L and it's race-only built. I runs a H/C only car with 500hp. He can build street or strip only if you need. He does have a 1 year warranty if YOU do not burn it up. Costs around $1,000. He builds trannies that hold up in 1,000 HP cars all the time. Specialty Transmissions is in Duncanville, TX. Good luck!!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

take a look at our website the level 3 transmissions are on sale right now take a look at the video also in my signature one of our customers running 10s and with many passes
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I need to put some links in my Sig of all the cars we have running in the 9's with 4l60E units. I know Frank is pretty proud of that video. None the less Gilbert is in your area, if you are not looking to have a unit shipped to you. He would be my first choice if I did not do them myself. As far as Michelle's comment, a 1000rwhp 4l60e is not a reality so to speak. We have one this year that is making well over 850rwhp that seems to be having differential issues. I say well over 850 rwhp because it is smoking the tires on the dyno at 15psi of boost and definitely has more in it. First combo made it 15 passes and the second broke the rear on the starting line. I will not mention the guy that WAS putting the rear ends together although we have a new program now. We have lost a whole season of testing due to the rear end issues. The same car made 750rwhp+ last year with well over a 100 passes on a level5 extreme duty 4l65E. It did run well last season running in the 9's. We are hoping to see this car go for a national record in the 8's in due time. The reality of it is that if you have a trailer car, a 4l60e might not be your best choice. Just my opinion unless you have already made up your mind that a 4l60e is what you want to run. Good luck with your project and feel free to give me a call. Vince
Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

I never hear good stuff about Art Carr anymore. My buddy went through 9 of his 4L60's in one season till he got tired of sending them back.

I have heard good stuff about Pro Built Automatics, Rossler, and FLT. I'd never deal with CPT, but thats just me.

Good Luck.

-Dustin-
Old 08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my tranny gives up the ghost, I'm going with Rodney at RPM. Lot's of the 700+rwhp guys on the vette forums are using his 4l65e trannies.

Gary
Old 08-25-2007, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

scott i would give frank at performabuilt a call