LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

oil pump problem! please help!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pump problem! please help!!!!!!!!!!

hey all

got a project going,..96 t/a

bought a car, new motor, i'm having to finish putting it together, for some reason no oil is moving through the motor, i tried priming the pump , it is a new pump,in a new motor, not getting much oil at all around the drive shaft,does not seem to be working,could he have installed the pump wrong,so that it would not work? he also took the oil cooler set up off the car...does it have to be in place to get oil movement?

what do i do now?

can one get to the pump without pulling the motor?

thanks
Old 08-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KUDAJONES
hey all

got a project going,..96 t/a

bought a car, new motor, i'm having to finish putting it together, for some reason no oil is moving through the motor, i tried priming the pump , it is a new pump,in a new motor, not getting much oil at all around the drive shaft,does not seem to be working,could he have installed the pump wrong,so that it would not work? he also took the oil cooler set up off the car...does it have to be in place to get oil movement?

what do i do now?

can one get to the pump without pulling the motor?
thanks
You would be lucky to see 10 pounds of pressure with an electric drill spining it. You need to put a pressure gauge on port at the back of the motor and see if you are getting ANY pressure. If the engine is out of the car you can pull the pan and prime the pump rather easy. These motors see about 11-18 lbs of pressure when warm, at and idle, in drive with your foot on the brake.