Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! possible flywheel or starter issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! possible flywheel or starter issue?

ok i just installed a set of prc stg 2.5 5.3 heads w/ a torquer v2 cam,weiand intake, LTs, ory, and ls7 clutch kit from scoggin new slave and master and had trans rebuilt on my 98 TA ls1 so you know how anxious i am to get it running... my question is i went to fire it up and i got a hell of a sound, sounds like the old scenario of having the wrong starter on the wrong flywheel, never had any problems with the starter before the swap, do you have to use a different starter when you use the ls7 clutch kit or was it a coincidence and the starter took a dump

ive had that happen before took the starter off my nova to do some stuff a month later i put it on and its dead

the TA has been down for about 2mos i get ready to fire it up than this... any suggestions?? also i can spin the engine over with a 1/2 ratchet on the crankbolt so its not the engine and the problem continued i ordered a starter in case it'll be in tomorrow and i hope thats all it is so i can get some reutrn on this investment

TIA
dave
Old 08-23-2007, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

i would just take the starter off and go get it checked
Old 08-24-2007, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

update.. i pulled the starter off and half the outside bolt hole completely cracked and fell off the block and the inside half of the starter broke so now i can assume its a issue with the starter and flywheel WTF do i do now buy a whole new god damn block this **** is getting old
Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did not have to change my starter when my ls7 kit was installed. Sounds like a problem with your starter not your flywheel. Man that sucks I hope someone with more experence than me can help you out.

Last edited by tasilver; 08-24-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tasilver
I did not have to change my starter when my ls7 kit was installed. Sounds like a problem with your starter not your flywheel. Man that sucks I hope someone with more experence than me can help you out.
you had a ls1/ls6 based engine not a ls2 based one correct
Old 08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes stock ls1.