Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats Up Gonna Be Doing A LS Swap Into An Early 240Z

Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Up Gonna Be Doing A LS Swap Into An Early 240Z

Just chiming in, I've been planning to do this swap for ages. I got into Z's right around when 1st gen F-bodys started to climb in the late 90's. I still can't afford one, LOL. I have a real solid L28 with shitloads of one off parts but unless I stroke it there is no more power left, that's streetable and N/A. Even then I'd only pick up .3L...

Anyway had to put off a remodel so I'm gun f'n ho on the swap I hope to have all the major parts here real soon.

I'll be doing a carbed LS making around 450hp, I plan to use a big cam that makes it's peak power above 6500 with a tight LCA, Tremec TKO 600, a 3.70 R230 VLSD (larger Nissan version 9"). I'm not at all worried about bottom end, it doesn't take much to move a 2500lb car, with driver.

Isk
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Whatever you do, dont fall for the "while Im at it" sickness like I did. I started out just wanting to drop a LS1 and th350 into a 240Z and have some fun. Now it is tubbed and caged with a powerglide and a single S400 turbo will be on it before next winter is up. Went from a fun lil 11 second street car to a high 8, low 9 second car

If you want pics of my conversion check em out, you may find something that helps ya out and give you some ideas.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...%20Conversion/
Old 08-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Teching In

That's some nice work!! Living with "while I'm at it" can be a bitch at times, too bad the only cure is an empty wallet....

I'm not going for much but I did start out with a 6.0L lq4 build in mind in now a sale in pending on this LS6 but I have a good reason. With a stock LS1/T56 build a Z ends up with an additional 30lb to the rear, my plan was to use a TKO 600 that weighs about 65LB less then a T56 plus the iron block that weighs about 70lb more. I just didn't want too risk having the car be nose heavy even if was by a tiny amount. My car is built to turn!! Besides that's a good deal for the LS6, I will have to pull that cam though.

Isk
Old 08-26-2007, 04:21 AM
Teching In

I bought the LS6!!!

This is gonna wake my Z up big time!!!!

Isk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats Up Gonna Be Doing A LS Swap Into An Early 240Z