LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger

Well boys, I figured out what I wanna do. All my friends seem to be buying C5 vettes and the like...I need to step my game up...A LOT...Before christmas, I would like to do a stall converter, 3.73s, 160 t-stat, and a few other small things...By summer, I would like to install a supercharger and then have the car dynotuned. What kits would you guys recommend? would you buy used? what setups seem to work the best close to stock...Right now i have crappy shortube headers and a highflow cat...I have to pass emissions one more time, and then my car is good to go. I'd like to buy the supercharger first and just run low boost, like 5-6 psi, and then eventually upgrade to LT and ORY...Could i get at least 350 rwhp out of this setup on 5-6 PSI?
Old 08-26-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well everyone seems to like the Pro-charger systems, the only system I've had any sort of experiance with was a Vortech for my dads old 02 GT mustang, he seemed to like it, but that's a different car, pro-charger is a lil pricy but will be the one recomended the most, unless you wanna go mad crazy and strap a roots style up top...(i've seen it been done before)
Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

roots like kenne-bell?

Also, one of my friends told me its not worth it to mod an LT1. I am kinda disappointed with this statement. I bought this car because it was cheap, looks good, and can be made fast...Now i kind of want an LS1, but I don't feel like taking out a loan, and I already have a decent looking car...Maybe LS1 swap would do the trick?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
roots like kenne-bell?

Also, one of my friends told me its not worth it to mod an LT1. I am kinda disappointed with this statement. I bought this car because it was cheap, looks good, and can be made fast...Now i kind of want an LS1, but I don't feel like taking out a loan, and I already have a decent looking car...Maybe LS1 swap would do the trick?
theres a thread in this section of a guy who runs low 12's with some bolt ons, and weight reduction.

And yes like a KB blower.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The LT cars arn't that bad to have, I mean I terrorize all the mustangs and a few LS1 cars around here with my lil ol LT car...they can and will take abuse
Old 08-26-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

roots like kenne-bell?

your friend is an idiot
**** engine swapping, do bolt ons and weight reduction and waste his LS1 powered c5 no problem. and yes if you put 6 psi to that you will get 350 whp EASILY, and watch his vette in the rear view.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

my lil ol hotcam was whooping my buddies 01 z28 with exhaust through a slipping 3200 stall..now that i got the stall right and the tune done..i murder him easily since he is stock..they are good cars to have..dont get discouraged and just do some good mods..not to mention they love laughing gas
Old 08-26-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Why not do nitrous?
Old 08-26-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

i was thinking N20, only problem with the C5 is that my friend is building it, and by that i mean, heads/cam/procharger...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

i was thinking N20, only problem with the C5 is that my friend is building it, and by that i mean, heads/cam/procharger...
so is your goal to beat his car or to have a car that is fast?

if you want to beat his car and hes building heads cam procharger you are going to have to do the same.......not sure how much money you have but thats going to take a deep wallet.
but you will go as fast as you are willing to spend.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

i am not shooting to beat it or come close because my pockets aren't that deep, this is going to be a slow going process...I want to finish the car over the next 3 years before I graduate college...Then it will be a bad *** weekend car, while I buy a nice truck for my DD...He is going to soup up the vette and then sell it and get another project...he gets bored really fast...
Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

i am not shooting to beat it or come close because my pockets aren't that deep, this is going to be a slow going process...I want to finish the car over the next 3 years before I graduate college...Then it will be a bad *** weekend car, while I buy a nice truck for my DD...He is going to soup up the vette and then sell it and get another project...he gets bored really fast...
Ok well do bolt ons. Id personally start with getting some longtube headers and ORY. Then gears then stall. Doing this will wake the car up a shitload. Also any weight reduction you can do is free and always helps
Old 08-26-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont see how some guys get so bored so fast..I remember my first two v6 fbods in high school..i yearned for the day when i would get to the point where im at now 300-350hp...(full exhaust, cam, stall, bolt ons etc) now i crave big power 450+(blower or nitrous full bottom end etc) wish i had deep pockets like that to keep building mine
Old 08-26-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

3.73s and stall are first, followed by a dumped single exhaust...after I pass emissions for the final time ever, I am gonna put LTs and ORY...Would a 52mm throttle body do anything for me over the stock one? I know 58mm is way too big for small boltons...
Old 08-26-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

you dont need a 52mm unless your really into the mods..the stocker is fine until around 400ish horsepower
Old 08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
you dont need a 52mm unless your really into the mods..the stocker is fine until around 400ish horsepower
There are more than a few running up to 500 hp with stock tb! With the 125 rwhp shot I am at about 425 rwhp with stock tb. Unless you are going real big I wouldnt change the tb.

Quick Reply: supercharger