Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Cats/Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about Cats/Sensors

Well, I removed my stock exhaust and installed some new Hedman LT Headers today. I'm not installing any new catalytic converters because I do not need them where I live as there are no smog emission laws. Anyhow, I need to know if the engine is going to throw codes since I don't have any cat sensors plugged in. I do however still have the sensors on the Hedman LTs plugged in. If the engine is going to throw codes then what do I need to do to fix it?

Thanks!

P.S. There was no K-Member grinding involved in the installation of the Hedman LT's in my car. All I had to do is remove the driver side motor mount and jack the engine just slightly to get the headers to fit...about 1/4" of clearance still...smoothe as butter
Old 08-27-2007, 03:41 AM
Launching!

hehe...it is...and be ready for the richness...a good tune would be good if you want the code deleted....while your at it..you might as well remove the air assembly(seeing as you don't care About emmissions)..
Old 08-27-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can either get some sims and stick them on the rear O2 plugs or just get your rear O2's tuned out by anyone with basic tuning capabilities. You shouldn't throw a code then.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Ok, I'll just have the sensors tuned out. I hear sims are pretty crappy and are usually overpriced. A good tune sounds like the best option. Also, I'm doing an X-pipe setup with dumps on tru-duals and Dynomax Bullet mufflers. My buddy says I'm probably going to be shooting fire and the car is going to be ridiculously loud...I guess I'm going to find out soon enough.

Thanks again!