Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need ProCharged LSX Help (cam and boost)

Old 08-27-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Need ProCharged LSX Help (cam and boost)

I just picked up a 98 Camaro with a D1. Engine is pretty much stock. Other than headers and of course the blower. I am looking to change the cam to try and make a little more power. Need advice on the cam? Also need to know how much boost to put to a stock bottom end? Any advice on heads will be appreciated. And last. Which program should I buy to tune the car with? I know there is quite a few out there. But is one any better than the other?

I also got a set of heads with the car. GM castings. Is there a website where these can be identified? Need to see if they are worth having or not.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Criss

SBP
Old 08-27-2007, 04:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for boost on a stock bottom end i would stay around 8#.u can stay with stock heads.what are your goals with this car? and as which program i would get a professional tune.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I agree Chris, I would keep he stock heads on there and keep it around 8 psi of boost. The Lingenfelter GT2-3 camshaft is a great cam to add for forced induction. I would not try to tune the car yourself if you have never tuned a forced induction engine. Bob
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 220/224-568/568-114lsa cam I pulled out of my old 346 that was making 550rwhp at 8# with stock heads and long tubes it had a great idle and made good power.it is for sale I will let it go for $225 shipped. If you want it let me know .
Old 08-28-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would like a healthy sounding cam. Not overkill on the blower though. I got out of a solid roller smallblock in a ProStreet Nova.
Stall Up, how did the cam sound in your car? How many miles are on it?

Exotic Performance, Can you give me more info on the cam. Where can I find it? PRICE$$$ also please?

Thanks,

SBP
Old 08-28-2007, 05:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by NovaCain383
I would like a healthy sounding cam. Not overkill on the blower though. I got out of a solid roller smallblock in a ProStreet Nova.
Stall Up, how did the cam sound in your car? How many miles are on it?

Exotic Performance, Can you give me more info on the cam. Where can I find it? PRICE$$$ also please?

Thanks,

SBP
The GT2-3 cam is a baby smooth cam, so it doesn't sound like what you are looking for.
Our blower cam sounds more like what you are looking for. Here it is. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=679
Thanks. Bob

Search this Thread