General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Low Trac light coming on!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low Trac light coming on!

At first the low trac light would come on every once in a while, but now its on every time I brake. I've already replaced the fuel pump, a/c compressor, fuel filter, o2 sensors, and gears within the last year! If its not one thing, its another! If i didn't love my car so much, I'd have money right now!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Take the bulb out. Problem solved.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Default if only things were that simple!

The problem is not just the light, when I brake the pedal also feels as if it goes in further when the light turns on. Hooked it up to a computer diagnostic but it nothin comes out cuz it doesn't turn on in idle.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are the front and rear tires the same size? having the front and rear different sizes will cause that.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Default Damn thing is driving me cazy!

Yeah all tires are the same and i've had them for a while so I doubt thats the problem but I'll find out if that has to do with it cuz I'm about to get new 18s all around.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

mine did the same thing for a couple days then the abs light joined in the fun of pissing me off. Now they stay on and neither work, now the low oil light joined the crew.There is a good sticky about this stuff if you can get it scanned.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

May look at cleaning up the sensors or replacing because they get dirty and worn out at the wheels. Do u have 4 or 3 channel abs? If its 3 then u have a sensor on the pumpkin of the rearend and with u changing the gears out there is a possiblilty it has trash on the sensor or possibly forgot to put the reluctor ring back on the gear.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:33 AM
ckd
Teching In

I had almost the same problem except I heard a clunking/grinding. What happened was the caliper was actually hopping on the rotor. Took off the wheel and caliper and rotor for further inspection and found the bolts that hold the dustshield or whatever to the rear end (axle housing?) were jacked. One was sheared off and one was missing a bolt. Fixed that and problem solved so don't forget to check all the way in besides just the brakes.