12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

made it

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default made it

I moved to Germany a few months after my LS2 conversion so I wasn't able to do any track runs before. I recently went to a track day at Hockenheim ring when they opened their dragstrip, it's one of the few real 1/4 miles over here. They actually have lanes and do track prep, but they only use it a few times a year.

Anyway, I ran a 12.89 at 108mph with a 2.08 60'. This was on BFG KDW-NT's. I really don't have any plans to buy slicks, but I think I can bring that down some more with a better tire.

The best part of running at Hockenheim was driving the rest of the track at full speed to get back to the staging lanes!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by a10beav
I moved to Germany a few months after my LS2 conversion so I wasn't able to do any track runs before. I recently went to a track day at Hockenheim ring when they opened their dragstrip, it's one of the few real 1/4 miles over here. They actually have lanes and do track prep, but they only use it a few times a year.

Anyway, I ran a 12.89 at 108mph with a 2.08 60'. This was on BFG KDW-NT's. I really don't have any plans to buy slicks, but I think I can bring that down some more with a better tire.

The best part of running at Hockenheim was driving the rest of the track at full speed to get back to the staging lanes!
Damn, wish I'd known that when I was there. I kept going to Bitburg, you know it's uphill and 2.3s were a great '60 foot time. Have you made it out to Nurgburgring yet? That's an experience.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to the Bitburg runs once. I think I had a 2.5 60' and I ran around a 12.92. I think the autocross is more fun there, since the dragstrip is uphill and there isn't any prep.

I haven't been to N-ring yet, but I want to. I can't believe I've been here all summer and I haven't gone yet! It has been rainning almost all summer though... bummer.