Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

yet another..............

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another..............

clutch woe for somebody to read about and maby help in solving my problem. now I may have not have done a full search for this type of problem but i read every post that related all the way to page 6 so here it goes. like others i just installed ls7 setup with new slave. and a 1A rebuild kit from sixspeeds inc. A friend and I installed the clutch kit and slave. I paid a guy to put in the syncro's,keys,bronze pads and the steel shift fork. He has done numerous t56's around here so he was the best man for the job. Just installed on sat. put a little over 120 miles on it. still got a ways to go on breaking it in. everything is going as it seems it should. judging from all the post i read before i bought this setup. but today when shifting into second is seems to not be disgageing all the way. just grind a little like a bad syncro. but then it stoped. and then it was back on my way home. and then went away again. we did bleed the system some. but i am doubting that this is the problem since there are no problems in any other gear's. any help would be awsome. later
Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
wrencher

So it is grinding intermittantly goinng into 2nd on an upshift then?
drill mod & everything done to the hydraulics, good pedal etc?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Teching In

no drill mod,only thing i did not buy is the master thought it was still good....and the pedal feels pretty decent........200+ miles now and is still doin it.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:28 AM
wrencher

Well new hydraulics is good insurance for a newly rebuilt trans.
I would suggest the master & drill mod.
But it is hard to determain what is up not seeing it first hand of course.
There is a possibility there is a problem with 2nd, they can 7 do have issues, was it tore up before that gear 2nd??
Old 09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Teching In

no problems before/clutch pedal was just stickin to the floor b/c the slave....but i used this excuse to do everything i did. since i was have to pull the trans to change the slave. and i just wanted it to be stout for when i tear into the motor. be ready for whatever i throw at it.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had the exact same problem when i first got my car, the slight grind into second. Drill mod fixed that real good. Do it.