Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

having trouble polishing my tt2s

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having trouble polishing my tt2s

like the title says, im trying to use the mothers ball but it dosnt work as advertised , im using their aluminum polish, but its to hard to take off after i apply, does anyone have any solutions u think i can use canuba wax?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just use mothers polish and plain old kit wax on my chrome wheels on the hawk. I have used the powerball, but I can take it off easier by hand. Sounds like maybe you didn't let the polish dry completely.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually continue to polish until the aluminum polish is almost all dried up. Then I wipe off the little residue left. Sometimes too much polish is not a good thing. Depending on their condition before you started, they may take a while. Good luck.

-Brian
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you using the mothers liquid polish made for the powerball, the regular mag and aluminum polish or the billet polish? I have tried all three and the billet polish is the best, hands down. I rub the polish on my wheels with my fingers. It doesn't take that long for it to start turning black. Then, I wipe off the residue with a microfiber towel. It has always taken me longer to use the powerball than to do it by hand, and I get better results by hand as well.

Quick Reply: having trouble polishing my tt2s