LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tranny Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny Problem...

Well I have been searching and do know that you can not swap any other year tranny for a 94 year model. Well the person I got my car from has a 97 in it.

Now is there a way to modify the 97 tranny to work with the 94 year model car or do you have to swap the entire tranny out?

Reason I ask is I am getting these two codes:

59 for tranny fluid temp sensor circuit high - low temp

81 for QDM or shift B solenoid fault

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Launching!

You can reprogram the computer for it. I did my car that way. Its a 97, and at one point and time it had a 94 tranny in it. I think the shift tables or something are different from 94 to 95-97's, or something like that. I can't remember exactly?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Yeah, the 94's do not have the "U" pin on the transmission plug. That is the pin for the Torque converter clutch (TCC) pulse width modulation (PWM) solenoid control.

The 95-97 trannys have that pin but the 94's do not. Thats the only reason I can see these codes showing up is because the PCM being a 94 while the tranny isn't. The transmission is a brand new unit from GM as well.

If doing some programming on the PCM is the best way to fix it what is the best way to do this? just the dealership or a place that can do a flash on the PCM?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Launching!

If thats the case with the plug in having different pins, then I really don't know? I don't think a "flash" of the computer is going to help at all. I think you need to find someone who can reprogram your computer with LT1edit or tuner c.a.t.s.

Quick Reply: Tranny Problem...