Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spintech Muffler installed- Thing sounds awesome.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:32 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Spintech Muffler installed- Thing sounds awesome.

I just picked up the car from the shop, I had a setup with the Spintech 3" inlet, 3" dual outlets, with two exit elbows and two turndown tips installed (I cut off the stock SS muffler and tips right before the muffler inlet). I purchased the parts individually from Spintech, so it's not a packaged catback kit. The parts set me back only slightly over 200 bucks- and it ROCKS!!! The turndowns are nicely tucked up high so they are barely visible. I have a nice clean profile now which exhibits the small, rectangular muffler on center along with a nice, clean TA cover for the rear end (I just had 4.10's put in- they whine ). Anyhow, the car turns heads now from the rumble, and has a deep, deep idle tone to it which comes alive when you floor it. This muffler ROCKS (wait I already said that but I'm still giddy).
P.s. I have a pic, but no host. Audio clip available too if someone wants to host it.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spintech 3"In/Dual 3" Out Installed along w/4.10's

Since no one has answered this post, type in free web hosting at google.com and you will find some free websites that will host your pics and sound clips. Whenever you do this, please send me the links where I can hear and see your exhaust because this is the same setup that I would like to do. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:08 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Default Re: Spintech 3

I'll look into the free host if nobody responds.
I'm really, really pleased with the sound of this muffler. It absolutely has made a difference in making the car sound muscular. The car sounds like it can eat ricers for lunch now. According to the guy at Spintech, the stock replacement would have been a 3" in, 2 1/2" dual out muffler, but I opted to upgrade to the dual 3" outlets. He warned the extra 1/2" would amplify the sound quite a bit. I said "even better," it has turned out to be a great decision.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

so they say the 2.5 's would be more quiet, really looking for a better sound then that pos ss mufflers on a 99 car with hooker lt's and no cats. does this muffler set-up make it sound better and quiet it down or does it just sound better. where can you buy those parts???
Old 05-28-2003, 09:34 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Do you mean to ask if the 2.5's would sound good also and be more tolerable in terms of interior db? My uneducated response would be yes. The tone/sound quality of the muffler would be the same, 'cause the design of the muffler's guts are the same. I wanted to kick it up a notch in terms of volume, and gain some flow to boot. I can best describe the sound of this muffler (I'm going to sound like a silly wine critic now...) as a deep, baritone, mature, very audible -without being annoying, intimidating tone which has a sweet sound pulse to it at full throttle, where it has more of a tenor quality to its roar. (Sounds like something out of the Peterman catalogue eh?)
Old 05-28-2003, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

what i would like to know is the stock ss muffler sounds like crap with lt's and no cats.is there a fix to this bad sounding compination that tones down the drone and yet offers good performance or do you have to live with loud exhaust when you want performance.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:04 AM
00z
On The Tree

i know of a place you can get a good deal on spintechs but i'm not sure if i can post it or not. so if you want you can e-mail me at usafswat221@yahoo.com
Old 05-29-2003, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: Spintech Muffler installed- Thing sounds awesome.

I just picked up the car from the shop, I had a setup with the Spintech 3" inlet, 3" dual outlets, with two exit elbows and two turndown tips installed (I cut off the stock SS muffler and tips right before the muffler inlet). I purchased the parts individually from Spintech, so it's not a packaged catback kit. The parts set me back only slightly over 200 bucks- and it ROCKS!!! The turndowns are nicely tucked up high so they are barely visible. I have a nice clean profile now which exhibits the small, rectangular muffler on center along with a nice, clean TA cover for the rear end (I just had 4.10's put in- they whine ). Anyhow, the car turns heads now from the rumble, and has a deep, deep idle tone to it which comes alive when you floor it. This muffler ROCKS (wait I already said that but I'm still giddy).
P.s. I have a pic, but no host. Audio clip available too if someone wants to host it.
Have u gotten anyone to host your sound clips and pictures yet? Let me know, because I am getting ancy.Thanks.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:58 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Spintech mufflers can be purchased directly from the manufacturer (try their name and a .com).They were great to deal with, and also offer a complete catback kit. Speed Inc------>
Also carries their product in a Mufflex system, and offers the Spintech catback.
Jamagin, PM me your email address.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

MUFFLEX,,,,,, you cant get a better deal directly from the manufacturer, they are charging full list
Old 05-30-2003, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a pic of spintech true duals.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:55 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

The muffler alone has already been a hit this weekend (see below), and nobody wants a piece of me when I pull up to them and throw a couple revs.
Car sounds intimidating.

(I Posted this in the street races and kills as "Killed a few golf carts this weekend...")

This weekend, I had a stay at the stuffy Boca Raton Resort & Golf Club. The place is Old Money. So, I pull up at 1 am to the guard gate, exhaust blaring, and the old guy gives me the "can I help you?" with a what are YOU doing here attitude. I say "Checking in!" I creep up to the valet, trying not to make a raucous, but I sound like Dale Jr pulling into the paddock. Valet guy gets a huge kick out of it, and off goes my car to the garage. Upon checkout, the car pulls up to a packed, busy port cochere, full of Old Money types, awaiting their German sedans and white Cadillacs. All eyes go to it. The valet runners crowd around it, and one of the offers me a key with a prancing horse on it (you know what that's for), and says "want to trade?!! I love your car!!" I throw a few revs to amuse the runners, and take off blaring (no smoke though, that would have been just damn rude).
This is exactly what I got this car for..
Old 06-03-2003, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a simialr ex[erience at Watkins Glen during Lapping Sessions...mostly Ferraris and Porches...some laughed, several came with positive comments...no trades offered however.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fast SS on TNT
Here is a pic of spintech true duals.
Why doesn't this setup have somekind of X/H pipe in it?? how does this sound compared to a system with a equilizer pipe?? does this hurt the flow, or is it pretty much the same? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

What about pics from the side to view ground clearence and how do I get that sound clip, man!!! It sounds like its the and it
Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Send the clip to me at chad@aplus.net, I'll host it for you at www.ls1sounds.com.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Question Which muffler exactly is it?

Thats a good looking setup. I would like to do mine like that but I know there is a few different spintech mufflers. Just wandering which one you put on yours.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

You don't have the Spintech dual setup in the pictures though right? You just replaced the SS muffler with the Spintech muffler and a pair of turndowns instead of tips to go all the way out?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

you don't have to run an x or h pipe but it helps scavenge the exhaust gases , it creates a vacuum which helps suck the exhaust out of the chamber. Good looking setup but I bet there's more power to be made with and x pipe in there somewhere.

Some people have commented that the Spintech's are restrictive. Don't have any personal experience so I really can't comment.

give me about 2.5 weeks I'll take a piece of you!

Quick Reply: Spintech Muffler installed- Thing sounds awesome.