General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C, Noises, and grinding problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A/C, Noises, and grinding problems...

Ok, I'm getting ready to sell my 98 TA and it's not in great shape... First up...

my A/C doesn't get cold, it can heat up and it blows correctly but it doesn't get cold, what steps need to be taken to correct this?

next, when idling some part, seemingly from underneath my car is vibrating to the point of making a high pitch squealing sound, it still does it with the brakes on but stops if i put the car in neutral, changing the engine pitch and vibrations. anyone else have a similar problem?

lastly, when i accelerate quickly, or drive the same pace on a bumpy road, i hear grinding sounds, almost like the transmission gears jumping, from right underneath me, i'm fearful that my drive train or transmission are going bad, anyone have this problem? it only does it when accelerating from 25 or so to about 50, but the sound has gotten worse over the past several months. any ideas?

i'm not mechanically savy so if any of the terminology i used it incorrect, please let me know.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recharge the AC and put some seal conditioner in it.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the acceleration grinding too... and going-into-reverse grinding AND going-into-drive-from-a-long-stop grinding. Yup, lots of grinding on the ol' WS6 over here.