Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

thinking about Zaino or Tropi-care or Adams

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinking about Zaino or Tropi-care or Adams

well i have had my car for over 2 years and when i 1st got it i used mothers reflections, i was very happy with it. nice deep shine and pop. sence then i went to mothers nx and it was ok, also tried meguries pure carnuba and again it was ok. i also have used meguries fine swirle remover and their show car glaze/polish. i find the glaze/polish and swirle remover very hard to use my hand "i do every thing by hand" i do have a ocliting buffer that i might use if im told the best pad to use. any ways i think if i do a ploish with a sealer/wax ill get what im lookingh for.
ADAMS.
Buttery wax with revive polish
Tropi-Care.
TC-2 with TC-3
ZAINO.
not im not sure what stuf to get "to much to pick from but ill take a guess"
Z5 Pro and Z2 Pro

also what pads should i look in to the buffer is 6" and the pads strech around it
Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I also had a tough time with Meguiars by hand. I even called them about it and they blamed the temperature I was working in. No, I tried it in 70 degree weather and 50 degree weather and it was tough to remove both times. I was going to try Mothers next but it seems you are looking for something even better. I also would like an answer before getting stuck with something that is tough to use by hand.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Teching In

I am using Zanio and am very happy with the result. I purchased the Zanio Total Protection Show Car Kit and followed the directions that are posted at the zainostore.com site. The initial application is a full day project but the results are well worth it. It is really not hard to do just time consuming. I have appiled it to both my 2002 WS6 and my 2005 Bonneville. Great results on both cars.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't have any experience with Adams, but I hear good things about them.

I've used Zaino before with good results. The old Z2 was a little too sterile for me, but the Z2-Pro seems to have fixed that. Products were easy to use and lasted a long time before needing to be stripped and re-applied.

I'm currently using Tropi-Care products and am quite pleased. They're just as easy to use as Zaino and give excellent results.

The biggest key is proper preparation of the surface. If you apply a wax or sealant over scratches, swirl marks, and embedded dirt, the result won't be great. However, if you take the time to claybar the surface and polish out the swirl marks, then apply your wax/sealant, the results will be much better.

Personally, I chose Tropi-Care because they're a sponsor on this site and I've heard good things about their products. Previously, I was using Menzerna Intensive Polish, Menzerna Final Polish 2, and Zaino as a sealant. The results were great. Now I'm using Tropi-Care TC-3 and TC-8 and I'd say the results are equally good, but it's a whole lot cheaper to re-supply. Tropi-Care also sells the PC as a kit with all the pads and backing plates you need to get started.

None of this stuff is "cheap", but I see it more as an investment.

-Mike
Old 08-31-2007, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

i was and still am very happy with the Mothers reflections. maby ill stick with that but change is all ways good.

im leaning towards the zaino
clay bar
z5 pro
z2 pro

right? what would i be missing?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

check out the chemical guys , same ****

Quick Reply: thinking about Zaino or Tropi-care or Adams