Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any one have stelth or cheater cam's?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation any one have stelth or cheater cam's?????

sup guys im looking in to haveing vengance racing do a stelth cam or a cheater cam. i dont mind a small amount of lope but not to much.the car is a nice weather dd and i will be keeping the stock manifolds and y pipe and i have the factory cats. i also might go with a ud pulley since it will be all apart. my car is a 98 but has a 02 engine in it with about 50k miles on it.
what upgrades will i need with a small cam like the ones i said?. i think my oil pump should be fine and im not shure about the timing chain.
also my main question is how much power is there to gain with a cam like i said and a tune?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

thunderracing and mti! check them out! try vengence the have bee comin out with killer #s!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've got a MTI Stealth II and love it. It's scarry how much it sounds like stock. With Mid length headers and Borla cat back I should be in the 360s in RWHP. I saw a Vete crank off 417 RWHP with ported heads ad LT headers. I would get it tunned though. Many members say you can get away without tunning a cam in the 224ish range. But with just a mail order tune there was a night and day difference with how my car just started and idled.

Not sure how uch would get with an otherwise stock engine. I would however replace the oil pump and timming chain. My 02 had 27k when I replaced the cam and chain streach had me boarderline on if I shoul change it. On a early LS1 a ported LS6 pump is just cheap insurance.

Re'
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

i made 411 to the tires with my stealth II cam but i have lots of supporting mods plus no AC or PS which gives a bit more HP but since i got rid of the 10 bolt and 6 speed i am sure my numbers went way down but its a great cam for a daily driver.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

The MTI Stealth II is the best stealth cam in my opinion; especially for automatic equipped cars, because the MTI Stealth II will work great with the stock stall converter. As far as power with stock heads, stock manifolds, and just simple bolt-ons in an automatic you will most likely be around the 360-375rwhp mark - with ported heads, Long Tubes, full exhaust, and most bolt-on you will be around the 400rwhp mark in an automatic and possibly higher depeding on compression and how many supporting bolt-ons you have. I have seen a Corvette put down 430 with this cam and heads with basic bolt-ons at MTI.

As far as upgrades, when you do the cam swap, you will definitely need new springs for the increased cam lift, new pushrods, new timing cover gasket and a new timing cover seal/main seal. I would also recommend upgrading to an U/D pulley as this has to be removed when you do the cam swap. Your stock lifters, oil pump, and timing chain, should be fine but the upgraded LS6 oil pump and new timing chain are not too expensive and will provide you cheap insurance and possibly save you some future time and hassle. Hope this helps you out!

BTW if you are looking to purchase a stealth cam and complete cam kit, I have a BRAND NEW MTI STEALTH II cam and complete cam kit - that includes everything you need for the cam swap for sale - and it will save you some money. The cam has not even been taken out of the original bag and everything is brand new. I purchased the cam and cam kit from MTI to install in my '98 A4 Trans AM but plans have changed and I will be selling the T/A for another 'vette. Let me know if you are interested. You can view my for sale thread by CLICKING HERE Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: any one have stelth or cheater cam's?????