Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Throttle Cable Bracket Install on DBW Manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Help! Throttle Cable Bracket Install on DBW Manifold!

Hey guys,

I am installing a Vette LS1 manifold on a 5.3, and just noticed that the Vette manifold doesn't have the little brass inserts on the neck of the manifold where the bracket would attach in a cable throttle app.

Does anybody know where I can get some of those inserts? Or should I come up with something else? I suppose worse case I can make my own, but if someone else out there has an easy fix, let's hear it! TIA
Old 09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Just going off memory here, someone else said you cannot buy them, just fill with JB Weld and drill/tap to the desired thread. I was faced with the same issue, I'm just buying a magnacharger instead
Old 09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Teching In

I also used a cable TB on a DBW manifold. I went to the junk yard and knocked off coulple of the stand offs . Then cut the plastic from around them. To put them in I just heated them up and pushed them right in. It worked great..

Graham
Old 09-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ryanvv355
I was faced with the same issue, I'm just buying a magnacharger instead
Haha, I like the way you think.

UPDATE: I made my own this weekend. I had some 3/8" aluminum rod laying around the garage, so I cut two pieces 0.625 long and center drilled and tapped them with the appropriate M6 x 1.0 tap. I then drilled out the two holes on the manifold to 3/8" (they are approx. 5/16" as-is) and pressed in the new inserts with a dab of epoxy for good measure. It looks factory, and it wasn't that hard at all.

Thanks for the responses fellas!