Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

OSW tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default OSW tonight

Well that was my first time to a 1/4 track. Can you normally get 6 runs in there, or was it really not crowded due to the rain earlier in the night? Any case I live over 2 hours away so I won't be out there too often, but I had a good time, well I wasn't too pleased with my trap speed of 103........ Oh well it was only my second time to a drag strip, I had hit up Sunshine in Clearwater once before.

Oh yeah and I'm Orlando retarded, I'm sure I could have missed that damned DUI checkpoint on 50 if I knew some other road to take out of town. I don't like drunk drivers either, but damn I must have been stuck in traffic there for 45mins-1hr. Perhaps manpower or safety issue, I don't know, but what a pain in the ***!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you go to a 7-Eleven after the track? I think I drove next to you for a couple seconds before you pulled in the gas station behind a Black Evo.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't feel bad. My car should be low-mid 11's and I went to OSW last Wed and out of 2 runs, my best was the 2nd one. It sucked BAAAAAAAAD FRIGGIN' 12.8@110 on brand new Nitto's ... smoked 'em for 7-8 seconds hard ... hardly any smoke at all ... looked like somebody f**king smoking a cigarette ... shameful, I tell ya. My first time EVER at a track. I just sat there and spun both times ... had to get out of the gas and then re-launch all over again just to get going down the track. I'll be going back soon with some MT DR's out back and I'll launch real easy this time ... better traction on the street for sure.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

No I think I pulled into a Circle K. I was surprised, I only saw two LS1 Camaros out there, a blue one that looked stock and a black SS with dumped duals that had a nasty sounding idle to it. Bunch of LT1 Camaros. I don't think I saw even one bird, well there was this yellow Trans Am 3rd gen, that thing was nasty!

I left right at 10, I actually could have made a 7th run, I did make it back in time to get in line again, but I decided with the drive I should head on home. Then I got stuck in that damned DUI checkpoint, I should have made another pass.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Aww that sucks!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

For a rainy night, that was very uncommon. Usually people will start to flock (people call other people), but after being rained out almost 8 times in 3 months, whenever people see clouds, they don't come. Most of our rain comes over Downtown Orlando and sweeps to Speed World, so everyone downtown doesn't come.

Everyone who went last night got a lot more passes than usual. Also, each night is different. If we get wrecks, people don't get more runs. If people oil the track, people don't get more runs. Surprisingly enough, being prepared has an effect as well. The more time it takes drivers to load up and get to the boxes and up to the line, you're wasting precious minutes. When the tower says "Lanes .... Load up!", that means get in your car, prepare your safety equipment, and get ready to roll. That cuts waiting time by quite a bit.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah! I barely had enough time to take a ****, once the street cars were done and I knew I wouldn't have to move up anymore I took off for the bathrooms. I made it about 100 ft. out of the restrooms only to here bikes are going, street cars load up!

Quick Reply: OSW tonight