Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cleaning engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning engine

I recently cleaned my engine came out really good I used some black magic engine cleaner that I got from autozone, but like 2 days later my belts started to squeal I took it to the dealership they said if you get any kind of stuff like cleaners or even if you put belt lube on the belts it destroys them and makes them squeak. I like to keep my engine clean do you guys have any cleaning suggestions what I should use next time to avoid messing my belts up.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Remove your belts when cleaning the engine compartment. After everything has dried reinstall your belts.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChevyRyda99LS1
I recently cleaned my engine came out really good I used some black magic engine cleaner that I got from autozone, but like 2 days later my belts started to squeal I took it to the dealership they said if you get any kind of stuff like cleaners or even if you put belt lube on the belts it destroys them and makes them squeak. I like to keep my engine clean do you guys have any cleaning suggestions what I should use next time to avoid messing my belts up.
Did a search in the detailing section for ya.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ing+engine+bay