Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

LS6 intake manifold = Polished

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake manifold = Polished

I am new to LS1. Great site.

I am getting ready to do some mods to my 02 SS. I am thinking about finding a LS6 Polished intake manifold, just to make the engine area look better.

I have read many conflicting articles about the pros and cons, now I would like to hear from this forum.

I would like to hear from experienced persons their opinion on this issue and hear from any vendors who offer this item.

My 02 SS is my weekend retirement play toy, presently 345rwhp, with an automatic. New heads & cam are on the way from Texas Speed & Performance.

Thank you

Equalizer
Old 09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Teching In

if your car is an 02 like it says in your post, you already have an LS6 intake, i would put your money into something else
Old 09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

yours has what everyone calls the ls6 intake. The aftermarket ones are usually just called by their respective brand names.

The polished aluminum intakes from weiand/lingenfelter flow less than what you have.

BBK makes one in aluminum that's not polished(that i can recall). it flows less as well

the FAST 90 flows more but it's polymer just like the one you have(not very pretty)

I'd just stick with what it has, you might could get the stock one painted to match the car color to make it a little nicer.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Weiand makes a polished intake manifold it is over $800. It looks good and if he wants that to add bling that is his call. Some people talk about heat soak with aluminum intakes, but there doesn't seem to be any proof that it robs HP. I think that is the input he is looking for whether there is a drawback to that intake. I don't have an LS6 or an aluminum intake so I can't speak from experience.

Brian

Quick Reply: LS6 intake manifold = Polished