General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC has 95psi and won't kick on

Old 09-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC has 95psi and won't kick on

SOme background info:
I bought the car with broken AC. The R134 had all leaked out of the compressor. I replaced the compressor and recharged the system. I put in 50psi on the low side, and the hi side corresponded with 300psi. THe AC worked fine for about 3 weeks, then it Just quit working one day for no reason.

THe compressor won't kick on, but it's brand new. I just checked the low side pressure, and it was 95psi!!!! Is there a safety switch that will disable the compressor if the low side pressure gets too high?

I'm wondering if the AC will work again if I just bleed the low side down to 55psi.

I'm also wondering if there might be a clog in the system somwhere. Is there any way to check this out? ANy suggestions?
Old 09-01-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

95 psi (static) pressure is just about what it should be, my helms says to check for about 100 psi for the LS1 before charging, depending on the ambient temp. Maybe it's an electrical problem?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have reason to believe that the compressor clutch may have a mechanical failure. It was a reman'd piece. How do I jump the compressor? WHich wires do I tap once I pull the relay? I wanna figure out whether my problem is mechanical or electrical.

Search this Thread