Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

emergency help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default emergency help!

the 383 is tryin to start! the timing is finally right..but i don't know what the deal is..it's so close to starting, i mean it's starts spinning faster and sounds like it's about to start but then bam it stops..i mean everything stops.like the starter can't finish the job..it's like the compression builds up and then it just stops..if you keep tryin to turn it over it'll start movin it again but everytime it gets close to starting it just won't..what could the deal be?? i have a high-torque starter so it should be able to do the job..the motor is supposed to have 11:1 comp so i don't know what the deal is.the battery is hooked up to the truck kinda like were jumping it..i don't know what's goin on..help me out guys!!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check to make sure you are getting a good steady stream of gas when you pump the carb, it sounds to me like you need some more timing where are you sitting at right now on timing? and are you getting a good 12 volts to your ignition?