Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

98 Trans Am (bad tranny) $7,500

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Trans Am (bad tranny) $7,500

Ok, the car is a black (was white) GU5 A4. The engine is in great shape, the transmission is slipping in 3rd and 4th gears. I Don't know how much it'll cost to fix, but the car was for sale before the tranny started slipping and I really don't want to have to fix it before selling it.

I figured this would be a great place to go cause many of you wouldn't mind fixing the tranny for a bargain LS1.

So the car was purchased about a year and a half ago (almost 2) with 50,000 miles almost exactly. It has 68,XXX now. The first owner was a 60 something year old woman, and the second was the woman's daughter.

The car has a clean title, but it was in a minor wreck. The bumper, hood, and passenger quarter panel were replaced. I took this opportunity to have it painted black, and buy a ram air hood. The turn signals however were not put in, in the front. Another easy fix, but I haven't had the time to get it done.

The car has an SLP lid, a non-electric cut-out, and a pair of subframe connectors that aren't welded in, but I'd be willing to throw them in free.

The car has black Z06 motorsports, and a ram air hood. I'll try to get pics up soon.

Thanks for looking.