General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

E-brake light staying on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E-brake light staying on?

This has been bugging me for awhile, decided to finally fix it. I checked the contact switch under the console and its ok.

There is a light blue power wire coming off the contact switch, but I dont know where it goes, besides under the carpet. Anyone know where exactly this wire ends soo I can find out why its not completing the circuit.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Okay so after doing some more reading and talking with a few people, I now realize that the brake light on the dash is for the entire braking system, not just a parking brake warning light.

I checked my fluid resevoir to make sure it wasnt low, which is wasnt. I also noticed that when I turn the ignition on but do not start the car, all the dash lights go off, including the brake light, then about 3-5 sec. later it pops back on, along with my service vehicle light and ABS INOP light (I have a 9") and the brake light was on before I put the 9" in.

I need some ideas of where to go from here? What to check?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Your ABS has failed it sounds like. It is safe to drive around since your brakes will work but the ABS won't function.

There are sensors at each front wheel, check the connections there. I'm not sure where the sensor is on the rear.

Others will probably know more about it than I do but I would check those things first.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:00 AM
On The Tree

The E-Brake Dash Light Is connected to your Daytime running lights module behind the radio. Might be a loose connection, or the module might be bad. Worth a check. Hope you nail it down.