Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone make a stainless steel x-pipe for '00 SS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone make a stainless steel x-pipe for '00 SS?

Thats ceramic coated inside and out too? Looking to building myself a true dual set up. I want all the piping and such to be stainless steel for longevity and rusting purposes. I have FLPs and the off road pipes on there now. Both the cats and off road pipes have 2 different size ends, one being 2 1/2" (mates with the y-pipe) and 3" (that mates with the header collector.) I wanted to keep my off road pipes and cats and do nothing to them. I also want them to be useful and interchangeable. To do all of this, I would need a shorter x-pipe with the front ends (closest to the engine) to be 2 1/2" with the v-flanges. Do they make x-pipes with those type of ends and what I wanted above? If I wanted to do 3" from the collectors back, I wouldnt be able to use the FLP off road pipes or cats. I would then have to buy another set of cats with 3" ends and a set of off road pipes also with 3" ends. That would be a lot of money and for them to have the v-flanged ends. Id like the entire set up to have the v-flanges on the ends for easy installation and removal. Thank you and if you have any suggestions or tips for me, let me know. By the way, if you have a set up like the way I want to do it, please post pics. Thanks again.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone make a stainless steel x-pipe for '00 SS?

ttt
Old 06-02-2003, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NVMySS

Have you called Stainless Works yet? They can do it. And, they have my FLP's sitting there for measurement. It is not something they have on the shelf now, nor does anyone that I'm aware of.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:56 PM
9 Second Club NA

I will probably call them tomorrow because I want to get true duals with an x-pipe but still able to interchange my cats and off road pipes. Basically having a true dual set up built from the cats/off road pipes back. But I also want it to go over the axles. I want it to be all stainless steel and to have v-flanges like the FLPs. Do they do ceramic coating? If not, then I would like to get the whole system done. Thanks

Quick Reply: Anyone make a stainless steel x-pipe for '00 SS?